31 August 2006

Sesame Treet!




2 comments:

John Rozum said...

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that you'd put up new content. Welcome back! It was well worth the wait. Those sesame Street characters are a lot of fun. Don't leave us hanging for so long ever again!

Trevour said...

Thanks John! I thought I'd do something fun to start out with.

I didn't add any commentary to this post, but I kinda wanted to share a few of my observations.

One, that I never think of Bert & Ernie as 'same-sex partners,' but as regular roomates - Ernie the goof and Bert eternally frustrated by his buddy's antics.

Two, Cookie Monster ALWAYS eats cookies. Cookies are to Cookie Monster like blood is to mosquitoes, or Iams is to my cat. That whole "cookies are a 'sometimes food'" is a bunch of BS. :-)

Three, I drew Big Bird knowing the fact that his right arm never moves, it just kind of hangs there. The Muppeteer uses that hand to operate Big Bird's head.

And finally, I had to doodle a little shot of a kid with Grover, since those segments were always my favorite when I was a kid. I wanted to do Harry Monster instead, but I couldn't find too many photo references for him.

I found that the Sesame Street characters were very easy to draw. Their constructions are simple yet imaginative.

I didn't take any time to color them well, I actually just wanted to try out Painter on the Wacom, since I haven't really colored anything in a LONG time. Digital coloring is fun, but I think I'll keep that stuff to a minimum... my goals right now are to master markers and acrylics, and make finished cartoon examples in those mediums.