09 November 2007

Boo Boo Markeroo

Just thought I'd throw something up since I SAID I'd try and post more. Seriously, I'll start posting more stuff soon - it's just been very busy around here.

I started experimenting with markers. I've never really played around with 'em before. So I drew up a little Boo Boo, as seen from the cover of this Yogi comic book I posted last year.


Colors are kinda weird, and I used a brown pencil to add some shading/texture. I could've worked at it some more. His hand looks kinda wacky too. Kinda crappy, but oh well.

I'm really liking markers though! I like how they glide on the marker paper. Now I just gotta stop smudging stuff around, being left-handed and all.

4 comments:

Jimbo said...

Hey Trevour! Merry Christ day. That is a nice marker render. Remember - smoothness is a factor. One smooth stroke can cover a lot of area. Is hat a Mel Crawford?

Jimbo said...

The nose is solid black on Boo-Boo. Like the eyes. These areas are the primary focus but I'm just talking out my ass.

Trevour said...

Hi Jim - thanks for visiting!!!

Yeah I'm still bad at markers - never really used 'em before. Thanks for the 'smooth' tip!!!

And yes I do believe this is a Mel Crawford!

Jimbo said...

Hey trevour, I have never been really great at markers but I like the convenience. It takes practice to get smoothness. Use a circular motion for larger areas to get solid color. Use animation paper or any kind that absorbs. On illo board they dry up and show stroke marks. I use a pencil or pastel for shading an edge to get a texture, with as few strokes as possible for smoothness like a Crawford. He probably uses dry-brush paint which is beyond my powers.