
While I'm on the subject of crap CG films, has anyone seen the trailer to this Bee Movie yet? Aren't we done with these insect type movies already? Blech... in my last post I said Happy Feet reminded me of Coke commercials... they should rename this film to 'NASONEX: THE MOVIE.'
Can we also stop with the 'let's - get - a - big - name - actor - and - turn - the - character - into - a - caricature - version - of - himself' nonsense?? Jerry Seinfeld is voicing the lead character. I can only imagine Jerry and the writers will be throwing in plenty of bee-related observational humor in this movie.
Anyway, I figured since I haven't posted anything in a while, I'd share my own observation I made after watching the live-action Bee Movie trailer. Only God knows why I actually sat through it:
Many of you may not know that I have a strange fascination with Scandinavian pop. There, I said it. There's just something about it that's so pure and happy, and the perfection in melodies and musical production amazes me sometimes. Curious? Start with ABBA, and work your way forward to 2006.
Well, after watching the Bee Movie trailer above, it reminded me of a video I probably hadn't seen in a good 5 years, but I remember it like yesterday. Here's the video for 'Bumble Bees' by Aqua, which came out in 2000 (you really CAN find anything on YouTube!). If Aqua isn't your thing, mute the music at least. And don't be fooled by the beginning - MAKE SURE TO WATCH THROUGH IT. Did Bee Movie get some inspiration from this six-year-old music video? Decide for yourselves:






3 comments:
some of the best death metal comes from scandanavia also.
what's up treV?
i have a class next term called "cartoon music" for which i purchased a full length cd of Carl Stalling's (Warner Bros. Looney Toons) music. for some reason, when i thing of music for classic animation, i think of you.
thing = think
hahah i loved aqua's first album, the music videos for Aquarium were actually pretty good & funny
Post a Comment