04 November 2006
Quisp cereal box comic
This is a scan of the back of a Quisp cereal box I had saved from several years ago. You can also view this same comic at the beginning of the concluding Flash cartoon that Spumco produced 5-6 years ago, by going to www.quisp.com. But I think it's just cool to see it on the back of an actual cereal box! Also, it's good to see that this cartoon is alive and well, still advertising Quisp all these years later!
I asked John K. about the comic and who worked on it, and from what he could remember, Gabe Swarr was in charge of the comic. John storyboarded and did layouts on the cartoon, while Gabe probably worked on some layouts as well. Gabe, Matt Danner and others did the animation.
If you want to know more, the rest of the crew can be seen at the end of the cartoon by clicking on the 'credits' button.
It's definitely effective advertising, as it really made me want to buy Quisp (although it's harder to find these days)! It's a brilliant ad, and captures the fun-pun cartoony magic that is the character of Quisp.







3 comments:
Yeah! That's cool stuff!
Love that comic! Thanks for showing it.
I used to eat this in the 80's, & was so very excited to see it at Marcs! I eat it for breakfast most of the week.
Post a Comment